Frontiers in Education Conference (FIE 2000) continues
a thirty year tradition of promoting the widespread dissemination
of innovations in engineering and computer science education.
Sponsored by the IEEE Education Society, ASEE's Educational
Research & Methods Division, and the IEEE Computer Society,
the conference is one of the two most important, annual, international
conferences totally devoted to improvements in engineering education.
Thank you for your interest in the Electronic Proceedings for FIE2000.
In order to enable easy navigation, the proceedings are organized in
the following manner:
To obtain copies of the printed version or CD version of the proceedings, please contact IEEE TAB Products, 445 Hoes Lane,
P.O. Box 1331, Piscataway, NJ 08855-1331 USA, (732) 562-3913 or email@example.com
- The Program button on the side of this page will always take you
to the conference related general information
- The Session Index button will take you to the list of technical
- The Author Index button will take you to the list of all the authors
- Print Version of the proceedings
- IEEE Catalog Number: 00CH37135
- ISBN: 0-7803-6424-4
- ISBN: 0-7803-6425-2 (Casebound Edition)
- ISBN: 0-7803-6426-0 (Microfiche Edition)
- Library of Congress: 79-640910
- ISSN: 0190-5848
- CD-ROM Version of the proceedings
- IEEE Catalog Number: 00CH37135C
- ISBN: 0-7803-6427-9
Copyright and Reprint Permission: Abstracting is permitted with credit to the source. Libraries are
permitted to photocopy beyond
the limit of U.S. copyright law for private use of patrons those articles in this volume that carry
a code at the
bottom of the first page, provided the per-copy fee indicated in the code is paid through Copyright
Center, 222 Rosewood Drive, Danvers, MA 01923. For other copying, reprint or republication permission,
write to IEEE
Copyrights Manger, IEEE Operations Center, 445 Hoes Lane, P.O. Box 1331, Piscataway, NJ 08855-1331.
All rights reserved.
© 2000 IEEE. Personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish
this material for advertising
or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution to servers or lists,
or to reuse any copyrighted component of this work in other works must be obtained from IEEE.
The program will consist of peer-reviewed papers and works-in-progress,
dealing with state-of-the-art implementations, creative pilot programs
and non-traditional concepts in engineering education. Topics of
interest include, but are not limited to:
Workshops will also be available on a variety of topics
and are scheduled for Wednesday, October 18 during the day and evening.
Other features of this conference include:
- eight topic tracks to choose from each day
- Sir John Daniel is the Keynote Speaker
- a venue that is centrally located with access to all major airlines
- reasonable hotel room rates...only $109 for a single/double
- full breakfasts, lunches, and theme breaks are planned throughout
- a reception and exploration of the new Science
City at Union Station
- tours to local places of interest
- Crown Center is within
easy, covered walking distance...offering shopping, food, entertainment,
Hallmark museum and visitors center, etc.